Post-Baby Body Tips From Celebrity Trainer Jeanette Jenkins
Trainer-to-the-stars Jeanette Jenkins shares how she helped Tia get back into shape after giving birth to Cree.
What kind of workout program did you create for Tia?
Tia worked out 3 to 4 times a week. Specifically, she did cardio (hiking, power walking/jogging, intervals on the treadmill, dancing and spinning) and resistance training (sculpting, circuit training, yoga and Pilates). She also followed a strict healthy meal plan, which was tailored to her health considerations (organic fresh fruits, vegetables, grains, lean cuts of meat/fish, herbal teas and lots of water).
What was a typical meal schedule that Tia had?
Tia made sure she consumed 3-5 liters of water on top of...
Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs with a Side Salad or Sauteed Spinach & Green Tea
Snack: Grapefruit & handful of Walnuts
Lunch: Baked Lemon Pepper Salmon with Quinoa Salad
Snack: Apple & handful of Almonds & Herbal Tea
Dinner: Baked Chicken Salad with Walnuts, Cranberries & Balsamic
What are some of your motivation tips for women?
1. The only person who can change your life is you. Your choices. Your actions. Your life.
2. If you want it bad enough, then you will put in the work.
3. Stay committed and consistent and you will achieve your goals.
4. Schedule your workouts into your weekly agenda just like any other important meeting.
5. Put together a motivating playlist of music to push you through your workouts.
6. Always believe in yourself. Have the courage to pursue all of your dreams and goals. The only person that can stop you is you.
Great Workout Songs to add to your playlist:
• "Turn Up the Music Remix" by Chris Brown feat. Rihanna
• "Runaway Baby" by Bruno Mars
• "Call Me Maybe" by Carly Rae Jespen
• "Dance Again" by Jennifer Lopez feat. Pitbull
• "What Makes You Beautiful" by One Direction
• "We Found Love" by Rihanna feat. Calvin Harris