Ask Giuliana: What Are Your Relationship Rules?
Giuliana Rancic, star of Giuliana and Bill (the season finale is next Tuesday at 8/7c on Style!), shares her top relationship rules. For more of the G's tips on everything from fitness to skincare, make sure you subscribe to her FabFitFun emails right now!
I caught my boyfriend staring longingly at a super cute waitress. He said it was nothing, but I'm not sure. What do you think? Should I kick him to the curb?
Dating isn't always easy and I have to admit that I am not exactly an expert. Before Bill, I would say I was an expert in bad relationships, but that's never stopped me from giving my opinion. So here are my top relationship rules:
1. The Check Out: It's OK to occasionally check out an attractive member of the opposite sex. People do it without realizing they're doing it. Of course, if we were at a restaurant and Bill stared too long while making some kind of grunting noise, he would soon discover the true meaning of a tossed salad.
2. Porn: Looking at naked pictures is probably a little less OK. You often hear about women finding a guy's stash of Playboys and getting all kinds of upset, but I actually don't think it's the biggest deal. And who knows, maybe he's just reading the articles (yeah, right).
3. Flirting: I think a little light, harmless flirting is OK for either of you, as long as it remains very light and harmless. It can make your day a little more interesting and you may get a discount on tires. However, if I notice some woman doing some heavy hitting on Bill, I may resort to some heavy hitting of my own.
4. Online Flirting: People can get into more trouble than they realize here. You've got to be careful, especially if the guy's got an online screen name like MrVeryBigThing (he's probably not talking about his brain). If you're in a good relationship, I don't think the excitement is worth it.
5. Fantasizing: I think it's OK to occasionally fantasize about other people.
6. Fantasizing about someone else while having sex with your significant other: No, no, definitely no.
7. Going to lunch with an ex: It's OK if I do it. It's not OK for Bill. I know this sounds like a double standard, and you know what, I just don't care.
PS: For more of my lifestyle tips, visit FabFitFun.com!
Make sure you catch the season finale of Giuliana & Bill next Tuesday night at 8/7c on Style!